A new item has been added to the shopping cart

×
×

Tell to a friend

Your Name:
E-mail of your friend:
Message:
Captcha CAPTCHA code
Enter the text in the image above

×

Already a subscriber? Log in now for online Access.

×

Artículo Tomo 70, Número. 9, Noviembre 2017

Archivos Españoles de Urología

Prognostic factors predicting failure of the trial without catheter after tamsulosin in patients with acute urinary retention.

Authors: Oscar Luis Farelo-Trejos, Nahuel Eduardo Paesano, Juan José Serna-Hurtado, Mauro Fabián García y Juan Ignacio Monzó-Gardiner

Arch. Esp. Urol. 2017; 70 (9): 759-765

Vol. 70, Number. 9, November 2017

OBJECTIVE: To analyze prognostic variables that impact on the trial without catheter after tamsulosin in patients with acute urine retention.

METHODS: Retrospective analysis of a prospective database of a cohort of successive patients with acute urinary retention due to benign prostatic hyperplasia attended at the urology emergency room during one year time period. We analyzed the clinical and radiological characteristics and the international prostatic symptom score questionnaire of a total 65 male patients.

RESULTS: The trial without catheter after tamsulosin showed positive results in 25 patients (38%) and failed in the remaining 40 (62%). In multivariate analysis, none of the analyzed variables resulted in an independent predictive factor for spontaneous micturition after the trial without catheter. However, the severe IPSS (p=0.085) presented an important statistical tendency for predicting failure of spontaneous micturition, as well as we found that the 84% of diabetic patients presented failure to the trial with catheter.

CONCLUSIONS: The only variable that impact negatively on the trial without catheter was the severe IPSS with an approximation to statistical significance. The presence of diabetes as a related factor is a hypothesis that should be investigated with a higher number of cases.

ONLY IN SPANISH.



Copyright © 2015 | Valid support N°12/08-W-CM | ISSN-ONLINE: 1576-8260 |